Although significant changes are rare, this policy may be amended as new features, technology, or legal requirements arise, so please check back from time to time. We’ll notify you if we make a significant change and, where required, seek your consent.
What information does Surface Notes App collect?
Surface Notes App allows you to input, upload, or store in the Surface Notes App Service any text, images, and other data that you choose—we refer to that information as “Content”. We also collect and receive the following types of information:
Basic subscriber information. To open your account and process payments, we collect and receive identifiers like your email address and, depending on how you purchase a subscription to a Paid Service, your billing address and other payment information.
Usage data. We collect and log Internet or other electronic network information on how you and others access and use Surface Notes App, for example, the act of creating a note or sharing a note. Usage data may be collected through cookies, and similar technologies.
Location information. We collect the IP address you use to connect to the Surface Notes App Service and — if you choose to share it — your location information from a mobile device.
Device information. We collect information about the number and type of devices you use to connect to the Surface Notes App Service, as well as information about the operating systems on those devices (e.g., iOS, Android, Windows). For example, when you install, modify, or use an Surface Notes App application we may collect personal information in order for our services to function properly, such as your device’s unique hardware identifiers (IMEI, SIM number, or other identifier). When you install, modify, or use an Surface Notes App application, you may see permission requests or alerts regarding the device capabilities the application could potentially use.
We also may link your subscriber information with data we receive from our partners and other third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with a better experience. For example, if you create or log into an Surface Notes App account using your Google Apps credentials via single sign-on, we will have access to certain information such as your name and email address as authorized in your Google Apps profile settings.
How does Surface Notes App use my information?
We have specific rules for how and when we use the information we collect and receive. We are committed to protecting the privacy of your information. We use the information we collect and receive to provide, maintain, and improve the Surface Notes App Service; to provide troubleshooting and customer support; to protect the Surface Notes App Service for all our users; to contact you; and to administer Surface Notes App accounts.
Performing our Services. We use a number of technologies to help you get the most out of the Surface Notes App Service. Our systems automatically analyze your data to power Surface Notes App features and to continually improve the Surface Notes App Service for you in a way that does not require anyone to look at your Content. This may include, for example:
- Making sure you find what you’re looking for when you search your account.
- Showing you information most relevant to how you are or could be using the Surface Notes App Service at a specific time or location.
- Suggesting actions for you to take based on information you’ve stored.
- Suggesting Surface Notes App Service features or products to you that we think will help you get the most out of the Surface Notes App Service.
Maintaining our Services. To provide troubleshooting and customer support, our Customer Support team may need to access your information, such as your account email address and information about the Surface Notes App application you are using, subject to the protections described below.
Protecting against security threats, abuse, and illegal activity. As part of our efforts to protect your account and the functionality of the Surface Notes App Service, our systems may analyze the emails you send to and from your Surface Notes App account and the notes you share to detect spam, malware, or other potential security concerns. If we determine that such material constitutes a Terms of Service or User Guidelines violation, we may block delivery of or unshare the problematic material, much like a spam filter works for your email inbox.
Communicating with you. In accordance with your communication preferences, we’ll occasionally contact you to announce new products and features we build for you, share tips for using Surface Notes App to get more done, make special offers, and provide information about how Surface Notes App works with products and services from our business partners.
Complying with Law. Surface Notes App also uses information to satisfy applicable laws or regulations, and discloses information in response to legal process or enforceable government requests, including to law enforcement
Would someone at Surface Notes App ever view my Content?
You have control over who sees your Content. We limit the use of your Content to make sure that no one at Surface Notes App can view it unless you expressly give us permission or it’s necessary to comply with our legal or technical obligations. Specifically:
· To help refine or improve the technology, we may ask you for permission to review portions of your Content. For example, if a new feature suggests related notes that are relevant to your Content, we may give you an opportunity to provide us feedback on how well the feature is performing along with a sample of the Content in question, so we can make sure this feature provides appropriately tailored suggestions. Such access to your Content is done only with your express permission and is subject to strict confidentiality rules and data access controls. Choosing to give us such permission is completely voluntary.
· If you contact our Customer Support team for help with specific pieces of Content in your account (for example, if you can’t find a note you believe should be in your account), we may ask for your temporary permission to look at your Content. This permission terminates when the issue is resolved.
· If we become aware of a potential violation of our Terms of Service or User Guidelines, we may suspend or close your account until the problematic material is removed. Under such a circumstance, we would only look at the Content in your account if you give us consent or if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including to protect the safety of you or any other person.
· On rare occasions the Surface Notes App technical team may see user content that is not encrypted or masked in our system in their daily work to improve the system. If this happens every effort is made to ensure data confidentiality.
To test and improve our product offerings for our users, we use aggregated data that does not contain any personal information, does not identify any person, and cannot be connected to any specific user. This policy is not intended to apply to such anonymized/de-identified data.
How does Surface Notes App share or disclose my information?
Surface Notes App is not in the business of selling or renting your information. Here are instances when we may disclose your information — and then only the minimum information necessary:
We share your information with service providers who process data on our behalf, such as credit card processors and customer management systems. For example, these service providers help us:
o Operate, develop, and improve the features and functionality of the Surface Notes App Service
o Complete your payment transactions
o Fulfill your sales and support requests
· Your Content is private unless you decide you want to share it. You may choose to share using public links or through any of the Surface Notes App Service’s features that allow you to share or collaborate on Content (“Collaboration Features”). If you choose to share, we may need to take steps to facilitate your collaboration.
· In the event of a merger, sale, or reorganization of all or part of our business, information covered by this policy may be transferred in connection with that deal.
· We contract with third-party advertising networks in order to deliver relevant Surface Notes App advertisements to you across the Internet and to manage our communications with you. We do not use your Content for these purposes. In addition, we may share with partners or service providers a hashed identifier to serve you relevant Surface Notes App ads when you visit partners’ and providers’ websites, applications or platforms. We may, for instance, participate in the Google Adwords Remarketing, Twitter Tailored Audience and Facebook Custom Audience services. To learn more about the privacy controls that Google, Twitter and Facebook offer and honor for those respective services, please visit here for Google, here for Twitter, and here for Facebook. You may opt out of certain ad targeting and retargeting services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page, or the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page.
· We also may exchange information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing. This includes, for example, if you connect your Surface Notes App account with a third-party app. in our App Center.
How does Surface Notes App respond to legal requests for my information?
We vigilantly protect the privacy of your account. We will not disclose your information to law enforcement or other governmental authorities unless we believe it is required to comply with warrants, court orders, subpoenas, or other lawful government requests. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards of due process.
We narrowly interpret all information requests, and we only disclose Content in your account that is specifically responsive to a government warrant or where you have provided your explicit consent. We will notify you if we believe we are compelled to comply with a third party’s legal demand for your information, and we will push back on government orders to delay user notice that we view as overly broad.
In addition, in rare cases, we may share your information as necessary to investigate or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Surface Notes App Service, or as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
How can I manage my information stored in Surface Notes App?
In most cases, you can manage your information simply by logging into your account and editing your information directly within the Surface Notes App Service.
If you prefer, you can contact us at email@example.com to ask us to provide access to, correct, update, or delete your personal information. Residents of certain regions may have additional or different rights in your personal information.
How long does Surface Notes App store my information?
We make the Content you store in Surface Notes App readily accessible to you, until you make the decision to delete it.
If you delete your Content and then sync, it will no longer be accessible to you or others who may access the Surface Notes App Service. The Surface Notes App Service’s back-up systems may retain residual copies of your deleted Content due to the nature of those systems’ operations.
Surface Notes App provides you with features that allow you to communicate and collaborate with other users. Deleting your copy of these communications (such as messages) won't delete copies existing in the accounts of people with whom you were interacting.
For users who are inactive for extended periods of time, we may close your account to satisfy our obligations under applicable law, and in accordance with our data retention policy. If that happens, we will try to notify you before taking any action.
What happens if I want to stop using Surface Notes App?
As described above, you can delete your Content at any time, and you can stop using the Surface Notes App Service at any time. You may also export your notes at any time using export to PDF and other similar features in Surface Notes App.
What happens if Surface Notes App closes my account?
If Surface Notes App deactivates your account due to a violation of our Terms of Service, then you may contact us to request deletion of your Content, and we will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
Where does Surface Notes App store my information?
When you use Surface Notes App Software on your computing device, such as by using one of our downloadable applications or web applications, some of your data will be stored locally on that device.
When you sync your computing device with the Surface Notes App Service, that data will be replicated on servers maintained around the world, primarily in the United States. This means that if you store information in or submit data to the Surface Notes App website or Surface Notes App Software and sync such Surface Notes App Software with the Surface Notes App Service, you acknowledge your personal information will be transmitted to, hosted, and accessed in the United States or elsewhere.
Does Surface Notes App allow children to use its Services?
The Surface Notes App Service is designed for adults; we do not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How does Surface Notes App respond to Do Not Track signals?
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, Surface Notes App does not currently respond to or otherwise take action in response to web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
What happens if there is a data breach?
In the rare and unlikely event that Surface Notes App Service system is breached by a bad actor/hostile act then Surface Notes App will, as soon as it finds out, inform all users affected. Surface Notes App encourages users not to store any personal or confidential in Surface Notes App to avoid any potential data loss situation.
How can I contact Surface Notes App?
This section provides definitions for terms used in this document.
Effective Date: August 1, 2021
Account Holder means the person or entity who has contracted with Surface Notes App as either an Individual Account user or as a Customer as defined in other Surface Notes App business agreements.
Collaboration Features means any of Surface Notes App Service’s features that allow you to share or collaborate on Content.
Content means the text, images, and other data you choose to input, upload, and store in Surface Notes App.
End User means the individual who uses an account on the Surface Notes App Service.
Surface Notes App (or sometimes “we” or “us”) means Surface Notes App team and its affiliated companies.
Surface Notes App Service (or sometimes “Service”) means the Surface Notes App Software (as defined below) and other products, services and websites hosted or made available by Surface Notes App, including our downloadable applications, User Forums, and Help & Learning pages.
Surface Notes App Software means the software hosted on Surface Notes App’s servers and the software we make available to be used on the web, or deployed by you or a third party to enable capturing of Content originating outside the Surface Notes App Service, such as a Surface Notes App Web Clipper or any of the Surface Notes App software applications for compatible computing devices that enable access and use of the Surface Notes App Service through such device.
Individual Account means any single-seat license account such as Surface Notes App Universal Plan Subscription or the purchase of a single app.
Multi-Seat Account means any account with multi-seat license capability such as Surface Notes App Teams or other similar agreements.
Paid Service means Surface Notes App Universal Plan, and any other Surface Notes App offering for which we collect payment (in the form of currency).
uble click this element to edit text. You can change size, position and all other parameters including background, border and many more. You can also enable animation for them so they will appear with selected effect on the page.